Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Let's Get Rocked

Last night on my way to the dreaded MOA the song "Let's Get Rocked" came on the radio. I have a lot of memories involving Def Leppard but this particular song took me back to a very unpleasant event, my junior prom in 1993. Aside from having horrible acne and pretty much the worst hair color and bangs EVER, I decided at the time that taking up with pretty much the skankiest creep in four counties would also be a good idea. Chris Wittenberg had probably banged every low-esteem moron who ever looked twice at him and unfortunately this included me. I was over the moon for him, Jesus Christ, what the hell?
For the occasion he had borrowed someone's purple silk suit (not even a tux), and wtf, do you think you're in hip hop or something? He told me to get a black dress, which I obediantly did, of the short, cut away shoulder, sequined variety. It was skank-o-rific (much to my mother's dismay, who could NOT understand why I chose the train wreck I did over the cutest, trendiest hot pink number). The ensemble was awful; I think I even wore flats with it......
The point of all this is that at some time during the dance "Let's Get Rocked" came on followed closely by "Talk Dirty To Me." My winning "date" along with Jason Cavanaugh (another choice specimen) decided they would go out onto the dance floor (without me or my friend Julie), REMOVE THEIR TUX SHIRTS, and "dance," (air guitaring and headbanging). Now that I think about it a bit deeper, I think the dancing was more of a cover for checking out OTHER CHICKS. Boy, they thought very highly of themselves. When they came back, Cavanaugh decided to grace us all with a performance along with Joe Eliot from which the highlight was, "...I suppose fucking's out of the question...." I have a sneaking suspicion that we still thought he was HILARIOUS at the time and laughed very hard at his antics.

GROSS.

1 comment:

Mink said...

when you someday go to your 20th reunion you will still be skeeved out by those guys. Its weird I saw a guy at my 2oth, just this past november and he was a sleeze bag and well even with 20 years passed I couldn't make eye contact.