Friday, December 26, 2008

Opposing ends of humanity

Guy who comes in to starbucks, blabbing on his phone, says nothing to me when I greet him but instead just barks MEDIUM COFFEE IN A DOUBLE CUP and then goes back to his convo. As if to confirm this guy is a total douche, the conversation he was having involved doing an racist imitation of some immigrant (I'm guessing, as the accent he was trying to fake has yet to be identified) trying to order something at a restaurant.

Guy was at least 65. Super disgusting and inappropriate.

TIP TO MAINTAIN HUMANITY IN A SUPER SMALL AND EASY WAY: do not speak on your phone when you are ordering a drink at starbucks. Just don't do it. The message you send is that the person (OFTEN ME and the people I work with, so MY FRIENDS) you are ordering from is not worth ending or postponing a call/common courtesy. Ditto this if you are with your child. Your child sees what you are doing and then when your child is 14, they will do the same thing and neglect manners in the same exact way. Your rudeness carries on to the next generation. No wonder the whole world is rude. GET OFF YOUR FUCKING PHONE.



Also:

A cute little family, mom, dad, and daughter (who was probably about 8 or 9) coming in, ordering drinks, sitting at a table and playing cards with each other. I thought this was so lovely and refreshing I about bawled. I'm so happy they came in; people like this give me hope. No ipods, no laptops, NO FUCKING CELL PHONES, just a deck of cards. I love it.

No comments: