Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Two things that happened today. . .

1. I realized, for not the first time really, that my happiness and optimism are both totally tied up in food. Is this weird? That if we have something fun for lunch or something awesome to look forward to for dinner my mood soars but if not, the opposite? I wonder if I just really sit down and UNDERSTAND this about myself, my day to day attitude will always be pleasant?

2. We got a call from this place called NCO financial today on the voicemail, stating that a company name Matt has used in the past is being sought for collection of a debt. This freaked me out a lot, since I am the bill payer and I have tried to stay on top of things like that. The only thing anyone would be able to come after us for would be The Good Cook book club to which I owe like $39 for a Martha Stewart cookbook last summer. But I haven't even gotten a bill from THEM yet, so I know they weren't the ones sending us to collections. I wrote this contact information down and called them back but only got a voicemail. Things seemed shady. . . .

So I looked them up online. Seriously, I thank God I had the sense to do this. There are PAGES of comments on this dude's blog http://www.ethannonsequitur.com/nco-financial-systems.html. . . .
Good to know. I'm really glad I didn't even speak to anyone about it, but apparently they buy out your old, outdated, or past statute of limitation debt and then try to collect it from you and hassle you about it 3 to 5 times daily. I should really talk to my friend Erica about this, she is a collection agent for US Bank and would probably know how to deal with it.

ugh.

Good day, otherwise (food and everything:)

2 comments:

Laura - said...

good food = good mood. I get it. I am on your side...unfortunately though, good food = good mood = big butt = double tire = depressed = foul mood = more food. Vicious circle!!

Writer From Olivia said...

hahahah! good food= BIG BUTT!!!

yes. unfortunately!