Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Literary Bluntness 2

The Working Fair

Today was a good day. I finished my shift and went over to the Edina Starbucks where I needed to pick up tips from a different shift last week. I hoped the whole bus ride over that the tips would be good but (Edina aside) knew they would not. My disappointment over the lousy six dollars was almost imperceptable because I had seen the bulging sack hanging on one of the coat racks when I walked to the back with the store manager coming in. "LOST AND FOUND." Everyone was busy working so no one noticed me digging through it. On my way out the manager asked if I would come back for another couple of shifts next week.

"Absolutely," I said with a smile and asked if they would by chance be okay with marking out an iced venti of whole milk for me for the ride home. They gave it to me for free.

The pawn shop gave me fifty for the motorola, seventy-five for the Miami ink commemorative motorola, and one-fifty for the Louie keychain. Avi seems to recognize me now.

So I came home with twenty four ounces of milk for the baby and a pack of actual Pampers (not generic). Tomorrow we'll go to the doctor for a check-up and then to the zoo, maybe.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wait, was this your day? me confused.

Writer From Olivia said...

no. fictional

Anonymous said...

well it's awesome. i was excited about the pawn shop. lol

That Chick who likes to Procreate said...

IF ONLY.

i only wrote it because i have had these thoughts MANY TIME going through the lost and found bucket, and in edina, it would have been extremely lucrative.

Anonymous said...

oh i say do it. i am still upset i didn't take that american girls doll from the dina library lost and found. damn scruples.