Tuesday, July 1, 2008

a few thoughts on a sweltering evening

1. I've said this before, many times probably, but i can FEEL myself ovulating. Right now. I can totally sense that it is my fertile 3 or 4 days because EVERY SINGLE MAN I SEE starts to look hot. There is a grinding primal urge to get knocked up again and I don't know how women get around this. Men obviously walk around with their urges to further the species every day of their adult lives but if this is how the hormones make them feel, I kind of sympathize with them cuz DAMN.


2. I was also thinking today that somewhere there must be an actual job for the things I like to do, a way to make money with them, maybe? Here are some ideas: professional optimist (you tell me about your "issues" and I will talk you through them pointing out all the positives or I will make you laugh with random useless bits of pop culture trivia and movie quotes). Cross-stitcher for old ladies' samplers or wall decorations. I love cross stitching. Professional reader. YOU choose the books and I will read them aloud to you. Will do different voices and/or accents for more money. Old school gaming tutor. Speciallizing in the Marios, Simon's Quest, Vegas Stakes, Big Brain Academy, and Guitar Hero (or any activision atari games plus Frogger).

3. Aside from the item listed above (1.), I have come to the realization that I am not what can be considered a "normal" woman. I mean I've finally taken to sort of doing my hair again and wearing a spot of makeup here and there, and I suppose I enjoy shopping well enough, but the things I like to buy are books and games. I have probably 5 pairs of shoes, 2 of which are "tennies," 2 of which are flip-flops. I don't want any more. Maybe this is because my feet are so huge and unappealling. I can think of nothing worse than a. trying to "showcase" them in a pair of strappy sandals, and b. paying some huge amount of money for them. I have 3 purses. One is huge and leather. One is small and impractical. Both were less than $60. I'm using neither of them at the time being because I hate lugging them around with us when there really is no room for anything more than cards and a phone.
On this note, some days I remember what it was like to be super thin with perfectly toned legs and abs and able to eat anything at all without any negative impact (or how did meryl streep say it in death becomes her? YOU STAND THERE WITH YOUR 22 YEAR OLD SKIN AND TITS LIKE **ROCKS**) yes, that. Sometimes I miss that physical youngness but I really don't have any desire to try to recreate it now, just because i would feel ridiculous if I didn't look at least a little mom-ish. The daughter of one of my neighbors already thinks I'm THE NANNY. . . maybe I look too immature to be a bona-fide baby-poppin' mama?

4. WHO DOESN'T ENJOY COFFEE? I still can't believe there are people out there that don't drink it. IF you get migranes from it, I'm feeling that, or if you're pregnant or nursing, sure. But the rest (miss the rest of me?)? WHAT GIVES?

5 comments:

Mink said...

great post Anna, I'm right there with you on the not "normal" thing. I have just recently started to take better care of my feet because I don't want to shell out 40 dollars for a pedicure. My hair well its been the same old ponytail thing for about 15 years, now with a few layers, but somedays it gets brushed when wet and thats it. Makeup is still rare, lipstick...not since the wedding.

speaking of cross stitching
Have you checked out Orly Cogans website www.orlycogan.com
Go to installations and check out the crocheted food,cupcakes, desserts etc. Its really excellent(she does not have kids, hence the time she has)
becareful looking at her erotic embroidery though while ovulating.

Anna said...

hahahaha!
i'll look at it with caution!

kelbel said...

I LOVE coffee. Coffee is the code. Lets do coffee next week!

Anna said...

yesssss!
tons of it.
every day.

Laura - said...

...hormones - I can honestly say that not every man looks HOT to me. This could be because I am feeling awfully insecure about myself right now. Confidence is fine if that makes sense. I can't fit into ANYTHING, I want to loose weight, but I am too lazy to do anything about it except complain. WHERE'S THAT MAGIC PILL????

...makeup - insane prices for something that is SUPPOSED to "dress" a person up seems to make a persons face look fake, greasy,and as if they are "hiding" something...which in all actuality, if you end up doing that job where people tell you their problems, you may soon see that those people who appear as if everything is perfect REALLY are fucked up!!

...normal woman - Ummmm....HAVE YOU READ MY POSTS???? Anything but normal. Maybe some reluctant conformity but NOT whatever "normal" is considered.