Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Middle of Summer

yes, it's clicking by now, isn't it?

1. zizzy is wearing the butterfly princess ballarina costume that barb godin gave her when she was born. she insists on only wearing LITTLE MERMAID pull ups and refuses the cinderella ones. last night on the family trip to half price books she found a delightful ballarina book complete with butterfly wings, little star confetti, a tutu, and jewel stickers. pink purses, flower ponytail holders, etc., etc. WHEN DID SHE BECOME A GIRL? she was just born two seconds ago.

2. matt told me a horrible story about the severe beating of a 12 year old's father that happened at valleyfair on the 4th of July and I have not been right since. then we watched this film, BEFORE THE DEVIL KNOWS YOU'RE DEAD last night and I've been trying to get both of these items out of my head (unsuccessfully). the film was intelligent and well done but a huge downer. the valleyfair thing. . . i can't even go into, really. ugh.

i'll just be here, in my idealistic bubble, pretending all is right with the world if anyone needs anything.

1 comment:

Laura - said...

I am fortunate I have not heard about the valleyfair thing...yet. Being a therapist and a social worker, I really hear alot of things. I am amazed with many of the lives I have encountered. And some of it lives right in our "backyards" so to speak. I agree with living in an idealistic bubble...wouldn't that be great? Oh how I could SOOOOOOOO write a million word blog post right now!!! I so enjoy my job but at times, I have to do therapy with murderers, child molesters, physical/sexual abusers, some victims...some perps. Talk about difficult when you have a sick son of a bitch sitting in front of you knowing they molested their 2 year old niece. As I said...sometimes, "right in our backyards." sad...really