Sunday, June 15, 2008

Complaints: Third Floor

yes. well, I wish I had a more positive blog for the weekend but I'm feeling very foul (wretched, as cher in clueless would say).

a. working during the mornings on the weekends has its good points but i am starting to get "the bitchiness." contempt for the coffee (latte, cappucino, frappucino) drinking public is starting to seep into me. when i am at the bar during a morning rush and i hear a ridiculous drink (in my book, ANYTHING with a customizer or modifier) (which will account for approximately 80% of all drinks made) I automatically get irritated and really just want to wad up the paper cup with the annoying drink written on it, crush it into a ball and WHIP IT TO THE CURB.

I GOT YOUR 2 SHOTS REGULAR 1 SHOT DECAF 2and 1/2 PUMP OF VANILLA HALF SOY HALF NONFAT LIGHT FOAM ONE-HUNDRED AND FORTY DEGREE LATTE **RIGHT HERE**.


b. father's day: i go out of my way to get some requested trout at kowalski's, decided that by itself is not enough, throw in a $30 starbucks gift card, and try to stomach the mushy piece of fish i got and then want to throw everything to the curb (literally) after a ridiculous jessica alba comment.

now that i think about it, i'm sure beatrix kiddo (were she real) would never worry about being upstaged by younger, thinner, prettier girls. you know why? because BEING BEATRIX KIDDO IS ENOUGH. end of that.

5 comments:

tiredmamasunite said...

you're hot, blonde, skinny, hysterical, witty, smart as a whip and a kick ass mom, there is no way anyone can upstage this.

Laura - said...

I am going to have to agree with tiredmamasunite!!!

Also, it made me think twice about what kind of coffee I order. Here's my usual...tall (Starbucks) or small (Caribou) skinny white sugar free caramel mocha. And since I am using skim milk and sugar free caramel, I can justify getting the whip cream. I guess I never thought of requesting a certain temp...some people I tell ya!!!

On Jessica Alba...I would be ultra cute and super skinny too if every picture I had, they spray painted touchups, and I had my personal hair/makeup person AND personal trainer that helps me get up in the morning and avoid all coffees as I just mentioned...but what the hell fun is that????

Anna said...

totally.

i don't mean to "rag" on people's drinks at all (i have my quirkly little favorites as well) but at 730 am when the line is out the door i have to sneer just a little at people and their HALF PUMPS and milk mixings.

also: WHO DOESN"T LIKE WHIPPED CREAM!?!?!?
that stuff is delicious.

your drink sounds good! i may just have to try one tomorrow night when i work!

and i'm LOADING IT WITH WHIPPED CREAM TOO.

jessicamae75 said...

I am still wondering why some men think Jessica Alba is hot, to me she looks like a charater from Planet of the Apes, she's got the whole monkey looking face like Topanga from Boy Meets World.
P.S. My hubbie actually agrees!

P.S. When I order coffee, I might be the easiest, give me something that tastes good made with skim milk!

Writer From Olivia said...

jessica alba, to me, is equal to miley cyrus.

attractive enough, i guess, BUT TWELVE.

it's like me having a crush on. . .
erkl or something, back in the 80s.