Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Now I'm verclempt. . .

After a few quite unpleasant days I am happy to report that things are back on the up and up around here. Hopefully this will not jinx anything, but here goes anyway.
I have gotten over my issues with Jessica Alba. I'm sure she's a very nice person.

Beebins started sleeping quite well again. (KNOCK WOOD!) In the pack and play, by herself, without being tightly swaddled or constantly nuk-ed. Either she's getting nice and worn out during our outdoor activities during the afternoons and evenings or the growing/teething/developmental achievements are making her tired. Either way, it's been pleasant. Last night she made it until 5am. This is great!

Sometimes I look around here and watch the kids interact with each other and us and I think that I'm going to burst, they make me so happy. I am so thankful for the house and everyone in it. And the little things too, like Matt being happy at his job now, which can support us well, even my job, which has been much more fun, close, and profitable since I came to my new store.

Full moon again?
I only hope I am deserving of this.
Like Ace of Base once said, "IT'S A BEAUTIFUL LIFE."

1 comment:

Laura - said...

Nuk-ed!! Same here. Mally is a nuk girl as was my son. I am grateful for these awesome pieces of plastic or rubber...whatever they are!! However, when they constantly fall out around 2-4 in the morning it becomes evident to me that somehow, someone should invent a "head gear" type nuk...a strap that goes around the head and keeps the nuk in. I wonder though...would that even be legal??

On being thankful...it has become so easy for me to take advantage of my surroundings. I have had a harder time "recouping" from Mallory's birth than Tyler's. And of course I was younger with Tyler so that might make a difference for me. I liked reading your blog because EVERYTHING you said hits home...unpleasant days...sleeping well...being thankful...

One last thing...you know how when you hear a song in the morning and it is stuck in your head all day??? Well, I did not actually hear it outloud but THANK YOU!! i will now have Ace of Base in my head all day...long day...