Sunday, June 8, 2008

Sunday events


1. I worked for 3.5 hours this morning. I planned on finishing at 1030 and then leaving to go to church at annunciation, which is across the street from Starbucks. ONCE AGAIN I chickened out and ditched. I just think I really need someone to go with me the first time. I have no clue what to do, nor do I know anyone who goes there save for my former boss from Northwest Airlines, MICHAEL, who ironically was the one whose name was on the termination notice fed-exed to my house 2 weeks after I quit going there. And I'm guessing that if I was going to run into anyone there, it would be him, being as I see him every time there is an Annunciation Community Event AND going into Kowalski's with his kids yesterday. One day I am going to have to face him and probably say things; I am wondering if it will be as uncomfortable for him? At least he was nice to me while I was there.

now for a bit of venting. i'm not **that** uptight about what is about to follow, but sometimes it gets old. i do very much love my job and i'm very happy to have it. HOWEVER:

2. I have a great new idea for Starbucks. Well, MY Starbucks, anyway. It's called, "THE MODIFIER ON THE CUP IS BROKEN" game. Here's how it works: Starbucks has 4 hot sizes. Short (8oz), Tall (12oz), Grande (16oz), and Venti (20oz). 3 iced sizes. tall (12 oz), grande (16oz), and venti (24 oz). There are several drink options to choose from. Brewed Coffee, Mistos (au laits), Lattes, Cappucinos, Americanos, Mochas, White Mochas, Caramel Macchiatos, Espresso Macchiatos, Frappucinos, Syrup Flavors, shots of espressos, and teas. You can have 2% milk, skim milk, whole milk, soy milk, or half and half in your drinks. Before ordering at my starbucks, customers have to sign off that they have read my Starbucks manifesto:

1. brewed coffee is filled to 1/4 inch from top. if you request room for cream it goes up to 1/2 inch from top. i am not giving you any more or less room than that. if you ask me for a bigger cup (such as ordering a tall size coffee in a venti cup so as to DROWN it in cream, you are not really a coffee drinker you are a dairy masquerade-er. GROSS.) YOU GET NOTHING. if you ask me for ice cubes YOU GET NOTHING.


2. Lattes are made by putting in the espresso shots, then steamed milk, then 1/4 inch of FOAM. do not say "FROTH" in my presence. If you say the word "FROTH" i will throw a milk pitcher at your face. You may not specifiy "no foam" because the latte COMES with foam. It is how a latte is made. If you don't like foam, YOU DON"T LIKE LATTES. Do not specify the degree of milk temperature. All milk temperatures are steamed to 160 degrees. Nothing more, nothing less, unless you are getting a mocha or white mocha where the milk is steamed to 170. If you like extra or not-so-hot, YOU DON"T LIKE LATTES. Do not specify any different number of syrup pumps when you are ordering a flavored latte. 2 for short, 3 for tall, 4 for grande, and 5 for venti. (6 for iced venti). If you want more or less then YOU DON"T LIKE FLAVORED LATTES. Also. If you specify 1/2 pumps of syrup (even though you are not allowed to specify ANYHING OTHER THAN THE NORM) you're getting the milk pitcher thrown at you, again. If you even think of asking milk options to be mixed, you will get the milk mixed, IN THE PITCHER, WHEN I THROW IT AT YOUR FACE. Mochas come with whipped cream. White mochas come with whipped cream. Frappucinos come with whipped cream. If you tell me "no whipped cream," guess what? YOU GET NOTHING (and the whipped cream cannister guess where?)

3. Do not ever EVER try to pay with anything larger than a twenty dollar bill. If I see anyone come in (before noon) with a $50 or a $100 bill I will rip it to shreds, put it in a milk pitcher and throw it in your face.


HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!!

No comments: