Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Afternoon Pages

Yeah, I missed out on the a.m. pages this morning. The universe or God knew I'd have bigger fish to fry. . .

The truck decided not to start as we left preschool today. The ignition mechanism just wouldn't catch on anything, although it did turn the car on. But it couldn't turn the car OFF, and wouldn't turn it over to start, so I had to just leave it there and have Leah come and get us. We had a great time singing 1-2 buckle my shoe about 20 times. . . amazingly the kids had a really fun time being allowed in the front seat for the first time, ever.

Hmmm. What else?

Drama from yesterday got resolved. I hate being upset with anyone, especially Matt. I apologized for yelling and being overly rude and blunt, all is well again. I have to work tonight, which normally I don't look forward to, especially on Wednesday nights when LOST is on, but sometimes the free coffee and ability to rifle through the donation bucket at work really is exciting. I had a piece of coffee cake yesterday that was seriously as hard as a brick. Gross. Somehow, the Edina drive-through manages to always have nice items, NOT rock-hard. I wonder what their secret is?

I am at a point right now where I am torn between trying to write, or at least get motivated to write, and trying to get all my stuff done for ICEA. I never, ever thought I would be interested in the medical field, least of all anything nurse-related, but seriously, everything I read for my certification ENTHRALLS me. I could seriously read it all day, make my charts, little study guides, etc. and really, genuinely love it. I have considered many times that it would be a little bit more sensible for me to maybe direct this toward an RN degree, or something similar, but I only have interest in maternity and newborns. The second I would have to look at some old grannie's GOUT or goddamned liver spots I would be out of there.

"Sorry, I guess it's just time for you to die. . . we'll see you later. I have a very important placenta to check on. Bye!"

No comments: