Monday, February 2, 2009

Product Reviews

Just because I thought I'd share my thoughts about a few consumer products. . . .

1. The Monster 1200 Steam Cleaner is actually really cool. I saw the commercial and was very intrigued about dust mites and bed bugs' survival abilities so I broke down and got one. Fabric attachments do come in handy if you ever do steam your cloth furniture, most of the other attachments are unnecessary. There was a deal that allowed you to get a lifetime supply of the sanitizer mix by paying like $20 more (which I didn't take), and since I haven't seen anything comparable at Walgreens yet, this is one regret I have. It goes quickly and they only send one bottle. You of course can just use plain old water, but if you DO get a bedbug infestation, it's nice to have something with a little more. . . kill power.

2. The Magic Bullet makes really good guacamole and smoothies. The juicer is kind of a pain in the ass as it takes a lot of matter to get a very small amount of juice (carrots are not very practical unless you have a garden full) but smoothies are delightful.

3. The smooth away (yes, I finally broke down and bought one) is kind of a dud. You really can only use it if you have hair that is less than 1/4 inch long. I have not tried it on anywhere other than my legs. I get the feeling that it would not be effective elsewhere anyway. If you have female facial hair it might be okay but it leaves your skin very dry so beware of that but for men, forget it, unless they come out with industrial strength diamond sandpaper to slap on the applicator.

Kowalski's had an end cap sale on two new things that I hope is still going on: BANANA NUT CHEERIOS and HONEY KIX. 2 for $5.
Walgreens had some of their Cover Girl makeup on clearance for $2.88. What lovely surprises.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my mom got the sham wow and we were both sham disappointed. a good gerber. cloth diaper is the way to go for all of your clean up needs in my humble opinion.