Friday, February 20, 2009

Morning Pages February 20

I realize that I am defecting from what the real morning pages are supposed to be, as explained in the book. Technically these are not supposed to be public works, I myself am not even supposed to re-read them for at least a few months. But there are other things in the book (artist dates, weekly tasks, lists, etc.) that I am also supposed to be doing that I am not actually going to be able to do for a while, just because I don't have the time, so these adaptations of the morning pages are more preliminary exercises than that actual assignments. Just so that's out of the way.
I do feel better having done these, every day this week so far, so it's a step in the right direction.
Something else I really enjoy about The Artist's Way is the way the author is so supportive of anyone who thinks they might have a creative side that they'd like to develop. One characteristic that I find absolutely despicable is artist elitism. Many of the most talented and creative people I know have also been the most down-to-earth, the most humble, and the most approachable people I know. There have been others who were the opposite. I legitimately believe that everyone is creative in some way, even if they don't know it, even if they deny it. The whole artist persona is ridiculous, if you ask me. Everyone creates SOMETHING, whether or not the New York Times gives it a positive review. Whether or not it's alternative, underground, or ART HOUSE quality is completely pointless. Someone made it, it exists, and somewhere out there, someone will enjoy it or think about it or be inspired by it.

Jesus, how else could something like St. Elmo's Fire stand the test of time?

Last night I dreamed about John Locke. He was everywhere I went. I was in some sort of lock-in, maybe for college somewhere? He was there RIGHT NEXT TO ME. Then I was back in high school at BOLD, there was some sporting event going on, and he was there too. Along with this, I dreamed that a sister of a friend gave birth to 7 babies (septuplets?) and they were all girls. John Locke was there during that too, while we were all looking at the babies and admiring them.

I wonder if I am getting obsessed with Lost to the point of having John Locke be the physical manifestation of Jesus, as is my theory of him on the show? Not actually Jesus, but a Christ-like character who suffers and saves everyone. It's very strange.

The truck is done, hopefully in good shape for a long, long time to come. We have to pick it up this morning. I was getting uneasy about having to be housebound another day, especially when we have a birthday party coming up on Sunday which I have yet to shop for. The cost of all this turned out to be like $200 less than what they told me over the phone: bonus.

No comments: