Sunday, February 1, 2009

Looking up. . .

Although these are not exactly my triumphs, I am still excited that progress is being made SOMEWHERE and this gives me a reason to think optimism is warranted and is making a difference.

1. a friend recently found a roommate after not having one for months and suffering financially because of it.
2. a friend just got accepted into a very cool writing workshop.
3. a friend's art that had been displayed at work got noticed and could potentially make him some bank.
4. our neighbors gave us a free, decent TV.
5. the weather was nice this weekend.


Work has been difficult and long lately, but I am really just grateful for the hours. The good thing about being on my feet for 7 hours at a stretch is that it forces me to eat properly and drink enough water, which I never do when I'm here at home. And I get some moderate exercise.

No comments: